Principled persuasion and creative collaboration. Negotiation Skills for Bankers targets building trust and long-term relationships, not manipulation and stubborn resistance. Engaging exercises and personalized role plays make this fast-paced workshop interactive and suitable for bank to business or bank to consumer situations in addition to internal negotiating such as in loan committee.Registration Info
Limited number of participants to allow for optimal learning, maximum best practice sharing and great networking. (Maximum three per organization)
On The Balance Sheet
Reduce the give backs, stop leaving money on the table and create win-win partnerships using the practical tools and ideas of principled negotiations.
What You Learn
- The process used to get what you and the bank need, while leaving the other party satisfied without acquiescing to their demands
- The key stages of principled negotiation; it is a process that includes planning, execution and follow-up
- Five key negotiating styles and how to collaborate with each
- Setting appropriately aggressive targets and achieving them in a win-win fashion
- Integrating the skills of tough negotiation with principled grace
- Developing concession strategies that avoid breaking the bank, plus recognition of the tactics that lead to those concessions
- Time tested negotiation behaviors that lay the groundwork for success
The Resources You Get
- Negotiation Style Profile – pre-work to determine your negotiation approach behaviorally
- Program Notes Guide and Learning Log to maintain notes for future needs
- Negotiation Planner – easy to use templates for future negotiations
Who Should Attend
- Anyone in a bank sales role that are involved in negotiation situations with customers
Joe Friedman, Your Facilitator
Joe Friedman is a key strategic partner with SM&H. He has 30+ years of sales, sales management and training/consulting experience. Joe held a variety of positions at First National Bank of Chicago from 1981-1987 including developing and delivering sales and leadership workshops for retail and business banking. Joe co-founded Zehren Friedman Associates in 1993. This well-respected firm teaches the “persuasive arts” of presenting, negotiating and influence. As COO, Joe oversees client development, program delivery and people development. He leads 100+ days of training annually both on a national and international basis. Joe holds a BSBA (Marketing) and an MBA (Finance) from The Ohio State University.
Session Two June 7 - June 28, 2021 (10:00 - 11:45 AM CST)
|Location:||Virtual Instructor Led Workshop|
|Price:||$997 per banker|
Have questions? Email Jack Hubbard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 717-4328.
Register using the form below.